10 minute corn salsa with egg just $1.90 per serve
This 10 Minute Corn Salsa with Egg recipe is a delicious, budget friendly breakfast that can be made for one or for the whole family.
You could prepare a larger batch of the salsa to enjoy throughout the week and save time in the morning with food prep.
This recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is very BUDGET FRIENDLY, coming in at just $1.90 per serve.
- 1/2 cup corn kernels fresh or tinned
- 1/4 avocado diced
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- cooking oil spray
- 1 free range egg
- 1 slice wholegrain bread of choice
- Combine corn with diced avocado, sliced spring onion, lemon juice, cumin and Italian herbs.
- Lightly spray a frypan with cooking oil over medium-high heat and fry egg to your liking.
- Toast bread and top with egg and salsa to serve.
295 calories per serve
PLEASE NOTE: Costs per serve will vary depending on supermarket, brand and type of ingredient purchased. Making recipes in bulk will also reduce total costs for preparation.
Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge or sign up by clicking HERE.