Delicious caramel bites at only 58 calories each
If you think of caramel recipes and you tend to think of ingredients such as butter, cream and sugar. Not exactly the first ingredients on your shopping list when you are on a healthy eating plan.
But if you’re a caramel lover, we have good news. We’ve found a way to keep you enjoying the flavours you love; the wholesome way!
That’s right! We have a healthy caramel recipe for you and it’s incredibly easy to make!
Using tahini (made from sesame seeds), maple syrup as sweetener, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, this healthy caramel is smooth, sweet, sticky, moorish and mouthwatering; everything you want a good caramel to be.
We used our healthy caramel to make these incredible Caramel Bites. Thanks to Shelley Robb for sharing this fantastic recipe.
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt optional
- 100 g dark chocolate try 70%
- Mix tahini, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt together until well combined
- Roll into balls/pancake shapes or pop into mini moulds.
- Pop in freezer to set for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Once they are ready to come out of the freezer, melt your chocolate using your preferred method.
- Dip frozen caramel bites into melted chocolate and place on a tray covered in baking paper.
- Return to freezer to set for around 20 minutes.
- Eat straight from freezer and store in freezer.
Makes 17 pieces at 58 calories each.
Tip – When you’re ready to dip the caramel into the chocolate, we recommend to only take a few out of the freezer at a time as they tend to soften quite fast after being removed from the freezer which makes it harder to dip in chocolate.
If you would like more recipes for healthy treats and crowd-pleasing desserts, be sure to check out our Guilt Free Chocolate Treats and Baking Cookbook, available from our shop.