Gluten free blueberry cinnamon swirl cake
A big thank you goes out to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Rebecca Bunting who has sent us this recipe for a tasty gluten free cake.
This Blueberry Cinnamon Swirl Cake is made with coconut flour and arrowroot flour so it’s perfect for those following a gluten free diet.
As it makes 12 slices it’s perfect when you need to bring a plate of food to a gathering. Or freeze individual slices so that you always have tasty treats on hand for your afternoon tea.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you don’t need to miss out on cake while you lose weight. We’ve got recipes for members including Mango Coconut Cake, Classic Chocolate Cake and a Healthy Lemon Cake.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour sifted
- 3/4 cup Arrowroot flour sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder gluten free if required
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs or use 1.3 cups of apple sauce to make it egg free
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp LSA
- 3 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20cm x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Add all of the cake ingredients (except for the blueberries) to a blender and mix until you have a thick but smooth batter.
- Fold through the berries.
- Mix all of the cinnamon swirl ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour half of the batter into the cake tin and smooth the top.
- Add half of the swirl mixture and smooth the top again.
- Pour the other half of the batter into the cake tin then add blobs of the remaining swirl mixture. Make a marble pattern on the top using a butter knife.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the centre of the cake springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces.
200 calories per serve.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.