Delicous and Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins Recipe
These carrot cake muffins recipes combine freshly grated carrot with mashed banana, low GI wholemeal flour, and almond meal to create a filling, tasty treat.
Kids and adults will both love these carrot cake recipes, and they freeze really well.
If you don’t happen to have any spare bananas, a grated apple could also work really well.
- 1.5 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup olive oil coconut or macadamia are all suitable
- Olive oil spray
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Place carrot, flour, almond meal, baking powder and walnuts in a large bowl
- In a seperate bowl or in your blender (if you don’t have a hand/stick blender) combine the remaining ingredients
- Blend until smooth
- Pour the blended ingredients into the mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon to fold through
- When batter has come together, set aside for 5 minutes to thicken
- Use the olive oil spray to grease a muffin tray, alternatively, use patty cases/muffin cases
- When cups are fully greased or patty cases in place, spoon the batter into the tray
- Place in the oven for 25-30min
- Muffins are cooked when an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins – Cal per serve – 170
If you love baking, be sure to check out our Guilt-Free Chocolate Treats and Baking Cookbook.