Pasta Alfredo with Broccoli & Bacon
This healthy version of Pasta Alfredo With Broccoli and Bacon is a family-favourite straight from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With the addition of broccoli it ensures you’re getting added nutrients and fibre in your meal.
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||20 mins|
- 100 grams wholemeal pasta any shape
- 1 tbs butter (16 grams)
- 2 tbs plain wholemeal flour (20 grams)
- 1 cup liquid chicken stock salt reduced (250 mls)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk of choice (125 mls)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt (130 grams)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (72 grams)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (5 mls)
- 1 red onion diced (100 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (6 grams)
- 4 bacon rasher, lean & trimmed diced (108 grams)
- 2 cups broccoli cut into small florets (200 grams)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped (15 grams)
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the flour and stir for a few minutes until it becomes a creamier, golden colour. Add the stock and stir well to avoid any lumps. Add the milk, yoghurt and half the Parmesan. Stir to combine well and simmer for a few minutes, until thickened. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for a minute or two to soften. Add garlic, bacon and broccoli and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until bacon is crispy and broccoli is tender crisp.
- Add the cooked pasta to the frying pan with the cream sauce and toss to combine well.
- Divide pasta evenly between four bowls and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and some fresh parsley to serve.
This recipe contains 337 calories per serve.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for thousands of great pasta recipes that the whole family will love.
We’ve proudly helped mums lose over 3 million kilos. Mums just like you are completely transforming their health and bodies with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. You can do it too (and it’s easy!)