5 Ingredient Cauliflower Cheese Breakfast Toastie
Fancy a freshly made toastie for breakfast on a cool morning? This healthy version turns the comfort food classic of cauliflower cheese into a portable meal to go.
This recipe is directly from our July 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Our July Challenge is all about making delicious, healthy meals that not only help you tackle your weight but can be made with 5 ingredients or less.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members have access to hundreds of simple yet tasty breakfast recipes, like this one.
Think Gingerbread Pancakes, Poached Eggs with Avocado and Sweet Potato Smash and Banana and Ginger Breakfast Loaf, to name a few.
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- cooking oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices wholegrain or gluten-free bread of choice
- 1/8 red onion finely sliced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- If not using leftover roasted cauliflower then preheat oven to 180C. Cut cauliflower into florets, season with salt and pepper and lightly spray with cooking oil. Spread over a lined baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- When cauliflower is ready preheat a sandwich press.
- Top one slice of bread per serve with roasted cauliflower, onion slices, baby spinach and cheese. Top with remaining bread slice and place in sandwich press to cook until bread is golden and cheese has melted. Slice in half and serve immediately.
- If you don’t have a sandwich press you can cook the sandwich in a frying pan. Press sandwich down with a heavy saucepan and cook on one side until golden. Then turn over and cook on the other side until cheese has melted.
288 calories per serve.
The July 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is NEAR and it's all about using 5 and under INGREDIENTS!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a weight loss program created especially for mums to help them tackle their weight with customisable meal plans, recipes and exercises you can do at home with the kids.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and themes HERE.