Choc marshmallow biscuit bites (with a twist!)
Just when you think a recipe can’t get any better, one of our fabulous Healthy Mummy’s suggests a little tweak on a 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe fave that takes it to the next level.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Elyce Fulford jumped on the Healthy Mummy Food Lovers Facebook page and asked ‘Who here loves a Wagon Wheel?
Yep me too so I added a couple of tablespoons of raspberry jam to the biscuit base of the choc marshmallow biscuit bites and mmm it’s so good!’
We LOVE this idea Elyce! These Choc Marshmallow Biscuit Bites make a massive 24 SERVINGS so they’re perfect for a kids party or for when you need to feed a crowd.
- 1 cup medjool dates fresh
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.25 cups oat bran
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3.5 tbsp powdered gelatine
- 1 cup water cold
- 1 cup reduced fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp Natvia
- 1/2 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam optional (for the Wagon Wheel effect)
- Line a slice tin (approx 20cm x 30cm) with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blend dates with half the coconut oil and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla until smooth.
- Add the oat bran and coconut flour and combine.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared tin. Freeze for 15-20 minutes or until the base is set.
- For the marshmallow layer, dissolve the powdered gelatine in 1⁄2 cup of the cold water and whisk for 5 minutes until it becomes gel-like.
- Heat the coconut milk, the Natvia, remaining vanilla, remaining water and a pinch of salt in a saucepan until almost boiling. Remove from the heat and stir through the gelatine mix. Whisk with an electric mixer for 5-10 minutes until smooth and thick. Spread the 2 tbsp jam (if using) over the biscuit base, and then pour the marshmallow mix over the biscuit base and return to freezer for another 20 minutes or until the marshmallow has set.
- When the marshmallow layer is set, prepare the chocolate top layer by placing the remaining half cup of coconut oil, and all the cacao/cocoa powder in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until the ingredients have completely melted together, then stir through the liquid stevia.
- Pour the chocolate over the marshmallow layer, smoothing with the back of a spoon.
- Place the slice in the freezer for another 20 minutes to set the chocolate layer. When set, remove the slice from the tin and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes on the bench before slicing into 24 bite size squares.
- One square is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or freezer for one month.
152 calories per serve
If you love this recipe you’ll also love these homemade marshmallow chocolate eggs.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-friendly, affordable and customisable weight loss plan created specifically for mums.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge consists of realistic meal plans, 4,500 recipes, 500 exercises and 24/7 support.
Each month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a different theme and 100 new recipes – which means you’ll never ever get bored.
To learn more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and next month’s challenge theme click here.