MUST TRY chocolate cake with strawberry frosting
It’s party time! This week we are celebrating The Healthy Mummy’s 8th birthday.
To get the good times rolling, we’ve prepared this AMAZING festive cake that is going to be a hit at your next birthday or get-together.
It’s a chocolate cake with NO added white sugar, with a sweet strawberry yoghurt icing. Perfect to enjoy while you lose pregnancy weight.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Natvia
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs beaten
- 8 tbsp coconut cream
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp raw cacoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt
- 250 grams strawberries trimmed and pureed
- 2 tbsp honey
- Note: 12-24 hours prior to making the cake, start to prepare the icing. Mix together yoghurt, pureed strawberries and the two tablespoons of honey, and spoon into a colander lined with a couple of layers of muslin. Place colander over a bowl and refrigerate until a thick consistency.
- Preheat oven to 175C and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Pour oil and Natvia into a mixing bowl and whisk until slightly frothy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, honey, baking powder and coconut cream, and mix well.
- Slowly stir in sifted flour and cacao until well combined. If mixture is too dry, add another tablespoon of coconut cream.
- Spoon mixture into tin and bake for 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, remove yoghurt mixture from the fridge and check flavour, adding additional sweetener if required. Spoon yoghurt mixture over the cake or use a piping bag.
- Cooking tip: If you haven’t had time to drain the yoghurt and strawberry mixture, you could substitute the yoghurt for reduced-fat cream cheese.
225 calories per serve
For more DELICIOUS sweet-treats JOIN OUR 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE with THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of other mums!
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.