Chocolate Raspberry Ripple Cake
This delicious Chocolate Raspberry Ripple Cake recipe comes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, a combination of chocolate and raspberries will make this gluten-free, vegan-friendly cake a family favourite for all occasions.
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||60 mins|
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (240 grams)
- 1 tbs chia seeds (16 grams)
- 1 tbs Natvia (16 grams)
- 1 tbs lemon juice (20 mls)
- 2 tsp lemon zest (8 grams)
- 1/4 cup water (62.5 mls)
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (240 grams)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup cacao/cocoa powder (50 grams)
- 2 tsp baking powder (5 grams)
- 1 & 1/2 cups almond milk unsweetened (375 mls)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted (120 mls)
- Place raspberries, chia seeds, Natvia, lemon juice, lemon zest and water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool while making cake batter. Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20cm round springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine flour, coconut sugar, cacao/cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl. Add almond milk and melted coconut oil and stir until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Drizzle the raspberry/chia mixture over the batter and using a bread knife or skewer, swirl it into the batter to make a ripple pattern.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and slicing into 16 pieces. One piece is one serve.
- Leftover cake can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
This recipe contains 178 calories per serve.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for thousands of great recipes (including cake!) that the whole family will love.
We’ve proudly helped mums lose over 3 million kilos. Mums just like you are completely transforming their health and bodies with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. You can do it too (and it’s easy!)