For many diets and weight loss plans, chocolate is treated with the utmost – don’t even think about it – distain. But at The Healthy Mummy we feel a healthy, sustainable lifestyle is all about balance, moderation and healthy swaps.
And we LOVE chocolate.
So today we have this incredible Chocolate Volcano recipe for you. A melt in your mouth flavour explosion with real raspberries and dark chocolate.
Dark chocolate has half the sugar, four times the fibre and nearly four times the magnesium of milk chocolate. Dark chocolate also boasts more potassium, more immune supporting zinc and less cholesterol than milk chocolate.
More than enough reasons to enjoy it as a part of a balanced lifestyle!
Try this incredible recipe today.
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Heat raspberries in small pot on stove until soft. Press with back of spoon to achieve a uniform consistency. Bring to slight boil then reduce heat. Add rice malt syrup and stir to combine. Remove from heat to cool.
- Melt 150g dark chocolate and add a teaspoon of chocolate into each patty case or silicon mould.
- Tilt cases/moulds so chocolate goes around the base and up the side. Note: You may need to repeat this step a few times so that the chocolate, when set, creates a thick wall.
- Pop in fridge or freezer to set.
- Once set, add a spoonful of raspberry mix into chocolate casing.
- Melt the remaining 100g of chocolate and spoon over top of raspberry sauce to create the top of the chocolate volcano.
- Pop back in fridge/freezer to set.
Calories: 62 calories per mini cup