How to make the ULTIMATE Christmas shortbread sandwiches
We have had a lot of love on our Healthy Mummy Foodlovers Facebook Page for these tasty Christmas shortbreads.
Check out 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Kate Watt’s photo of her Christmas Shortbread Sandwiches – they look fantastic!
And today we have the recipe to share with you, PLUS some tips from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Claire Poole to ensure you get results as great as these.
We have STACKS of Christmas recipes on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Hub, or check out The Healthy Mummy’s Christmas Festive Cookbook for more ideas.
Claire’s tips for making your Christmas Shortbread Sandwiches:
- Once you make the dough put it in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes so the butter firms up and you will be able to roll it out much easier.
- Once rolled and cut into shapes put it back in the fridge to firm up again for 20 to 30 minutes especially if it is a hot/humid day.
- Don’t roll them too thin, shortbread are a thicker biscuit. Think of the thickness of the ones at the shops.
- Make your own healthy jam for the filling using this recipe for Chia Berry Jam.
- 1/2 cup Natvia
- 125 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2.5 tbsp strawberry jam sugar free
- Preheat oven to 180C and line two trays with baking paper.
- Use electric beater to cream the butter and Natvia until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Use a spoon to stir through the almond meal, cornflour and rice flour.
- Roll the dough out onto a board until it’s approximately 1cm thick. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out 20 stars. Place stars onto prepared trays, leaving some space between each to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and cool on tray for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread 10 of the stars with ½ a teaspoon of jam and top with another star to make a sandwich.
- Serve one star sandwich per serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the pantry for 3-4 days.
134 calories per serve
Haven't got a star cutter? You can use any shaped cutter you have on hand, or make circles by using a glass.
The Healthy Mummy Christmas Festive Cookbook
This cookbook is filled with healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes to get you through the party season and have you still feeling fabulous on the other side.
Plus it is loaded with some awesome advice on what to do with all the left overs!
Grab your copy of The Healthy Mummy Festive Cookbook.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.