Chewy Coconut and Honey Slice – YES PLEASE!
For a morning tea that will see you through until lunchtime, try this healthy slice.
Packed with the goodness of nuts and oats, it will fill a hungry tummy and provide lasting energy for the day.
It’s best to steer clear of the fruit and oat bars from the supermarket, as they tend to have a lot of sugar added. This slice is sweetened with a little honey and is a hit with little kids too.
If you love baking, the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has hundreds of healthy recipes that you can enjoy while you lose weight.
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine almond meal, coconut, baking powder, oats and sugar then set aside.
- Combine coconut oil, honey and vanilla then pour mixture over the almond meal mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add water and mix well.
- Press evenly into baking tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
- Allow to cool, then cut into 8 slices.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
194 calories per serve.
Get 4,000+ recipes on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a program designed to help busy, tired mums tackle their health, weight and fitness.
With thousands of family-friendly recipes (including delicious, sugar-free treats), hundreds of at-home workouts and 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is helping thousands of mum lose the baby weight and ramp up their confidence.
Our program is affordable, breastfeeding friendly and fully customisable.
You can even download a menu sample here.
For more information on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.