Comforting chicken and vegetable lasagne
A family favourite with a healthy twist – a stack of hidden veggies! The whole family will love this comforting chicken and vegetable lasagne.
Feel free to use beef mince if you prefer, and make it gluten free by using gluten free lasagne sheets if you like.
This recipe comes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Join today to access thousands of delicious family friendly recipes like this that will help you lose weight in a healthy way.
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 & 1/4 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 200 grams lean chicken mince
- 1 zucchini small
- 1 carrot medium
- 1 cup pumpkin grated
- 500 grams tinned tomatoes
- 250 mls water
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 200 grams frozen spinach
- 320 grams reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt
- 1 cup parmesan grated
- 8 lasagne sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Add oil to a medium saucepan and heat over medium- high. Crush in garlic and add diced onion, cooking until onion is clear.
- Add the chicken mince to the pan and cook until browned. Dice or grate the zucchini, carrot and pumpkin and add to saucepan with the tinned tomatoes, dried basil, water and tomato paste. Bring to the boil then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer sauce for 20 minutes. Stir once or twice during cooking.
- Defrost the spinach and drain off any excess liquid.
- Combine ricotta, yoghurt, thawed spinach and half the Parmesan.
- Spoon a bit of the chicken and tomato sauce into the base of a small baking dish. Top with two sheets of un-cooked pasta followed by a quarter of the sauce and a quarter of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers with the remaining pasta sheets, sauce and cheese. Top with the half of the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is golden and a skewer inserted into the middle doesn't have any resistance (indicating the pasta is cooked). Remove from oven, top with remaining Parmesan and allow to rest 10 mins before serving
- You could serve with a simple green side salad if you like.
582 calories per serve
Join us on the Sugar Detox 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Reducing sugar doesn’t have to be scary. You don’t have to count every gram or totally remove sweet treats from your diet. Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and start your sugar detox!
With more than 4,000 delicious (and healthy) recipes, 350 exercises & 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and proven) to help busy mums like you lose weight!
To learn more and join the Challenge, click here!