Sweet And Crumbly Deconstructed Lemon Tart
There are few desserts as iconic as the Lemon Meringue Pie, and this pudding will bring back memories of that rich dessert – without the excessive calories.
This Deconstructed Lemon Tart is the perfect combination of sweet, sour, creamy, crunchy and decadent – and it’s good for you!
Recipes like this are a key part of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. You don’t need to miss out on your favourite desserts just because you are trying to eat well or lose baby weight. Just make them yourself using good quality ingredients.
Can be served chilled or warm, but the crumble is best added just prior to eating to keep its texture.
- 4 tbsp almond meal
- 4 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Stevia or sweetener equivalent to ⅔ cup sugar
- 150 ml reduced fat Natural Greek Yoghurt
- 4 egg yolks whisked
- Light ricotta or light vanilla yoghurt to serve optional
- Preheat oven to 220C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Combine almond meal and coconut in a small mixing bowl and rub in honey until crumbly.
- Spread out on the lined tray and bake for approximately 5 mins until golden brown, being careful it doesn’t burn.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, briskly and continuously whisk cornflour, lemon juice and stevia until thickened.
- Remove from heat and briskly whisk in firstly egg yolks, then yoghurt, until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon evenly into 5 glasses or serving bowls, top with crumble mixture, ricotta (optional) and fresh lemon zest.
Recipe makes 5 serves at 180 cal per serve
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?