Five ingredient zucchini and halloumi fritters
Fritters are a tasty way to pack in lots of fresh vegetables. Adding halloumi gives it a bit of an indulgent bite, and you can pick it up quite cheaply at most major supermarkets (look for the supermarket own brand halloumi, it’s cheaper!).
A big thank you to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie for sharing this amazing Five Ingredient Zucchini Haloumi Fritters recipe with us.
If you love halloumi as much as we do at Healthy Mummy HQ, you’re going to LOVE the recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
How about Fried Halloumi with Yoghurt Dipping Sauce, Ham Avocado and Halloumi Toastie, and Halloumi Stuffed Sweet Potato – to name a few?
- 2 large zucchinis grated
- 100 grams halloumi grated
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1 cup snow peas sliced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place grated zucchini, halloumi, flour, curry powder and egg in bowl.
- Mix well until combined, then roll into 9 balls.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a large frypan.
- Carefully add half of the fritters, gently pressing down with a spatula.
- Brown on each side before placing on a lined baking tray.
- Add remaining olive oil and repeat with remaining fritters.
- Place browned fritters into oven and bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and combine with the dressing.
- Divide salad into 3 bowls and top with 3 fritters per person.
320 calories per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.