Gluten-free and low calorie cherry chocolate slice
WOW! This Cherry Chocolate Slice looks AMAZING! This cherry ripe slice recipe comes from our Healthy Mummy Muffin & Slices eBook which is ideal for busy mums who want to create wholesome tasty treats for the family.
This slice is low in calories too at just 141 cals per serve, and would make a perfect dessert or snack on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
|Prep Time||30 mins|
|Passive Time||4 hours|
- 3/4 cup pitted cherries drained (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 60 g dark chocolate 85% cocoa
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- If using frozen cherries, allow them to defrost and drain off excess moisture.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate and coconut flour into a food processor and blitz until well combined. Some small lumps of cherry are fine and add to the texture of the slice.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and spoon mixture in, smoothing it with a spatula. Put the pan in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a small bowl or jug over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring occasionally.
- Once it is completely melted, pour the chocolate over the cherry mixture and tilt the pan to get a thin, even coat of chocolate. Return the pan to the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- When ready, dust a chopping board liberally with the coconut flour, and place the slice onto the board. This will give it a slightly cakey base.
- Cut the slice with a hot knife into 10 equal pieces. 1 serve is 1 piece.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Makes 10 pieces at 141 calories per square
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.