Healthy and Delicious Chicken & Chorizo Pasta
This Healthy & Delicious Chicken Chorizo Pasta recipe is guaranteed to be a family favourite. It is a budget-friendly dish at just $3.19 per serve and is LOADED with flavour from the chorizo and herbs. And you can get it on the table in just 20 minutes!
- 200 g chorizo sausage sliced
- 2 brown onions thinly sliced
- 4 cups mushrooms sliced
- 400 g chicken breast fillets diced into bite sized peices
- 400g tinned tomatos
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to season
- 240g wholemeal pasta any shape
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Heat a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 3-4 minutes until some of the oil comes out of the chorizo.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides, then pour in the tinned tomatoes and season with Italian herbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to combine well.
- Divide the pasta evenly between four bowls to serve, sprinkled with some fresh basil.
507 cals per serve
Get more recipes just like this on our 28 Day Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge gives you a meal plan, exercise routine and tips and advice to help you be the best version of yourself.
Do you find yourself victim to emotional eating? Take the stress out of putting so much emphasis on food and diet and try our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which has been described by 100,000’s of mums as a lifestyle change!
With a weekly meal plan consisting of 3 main meals and 3 snacks – The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help you stick to a healthy food plan and hit your weight goals.
You can find out more or join the 28 Day Challenge HERE.