Healthy AND Easy Fried Rice just 338 calories!
Just like the title suggest, this delicious and budget friendly healthy and easy fried rice recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is not only healthy and low calorie, it is SOOOO easy to whip up, it’s sure to become a family favourite on repeat at your house!
Rice can sometimes get a bad rap when it comes to weight loss – no carbs allowed right? Wrong! Rice is a a good supply of energy, helps fight inflammation, reduces the risk of cancer, prevents constipation, helps control blood sugar levels and supports your immune system.
This recipe calls for Jasmine rice, but there’s no reason why you can’t use brown rice instead. You could also save time by cooking your rice for this recipe in advance and storing it in the fridge for a couple of days. Using pre-cooked rice always makes for a tastier fried rice.
Great for fussy kids!
Rice is often a winner for fussy kids, it has a plain appealing taste texture and colour. You can try and sneak in different veggies too for them to try.
Not only does this recipe just need pantry and fridge staples, that you’ve probably already got in the cupboard, it’s really budget friendly – just $0.89 per serve! It’s a great recipe for using up fresh veggies from the fridge, but frozen or tinned work just as well.
|Prep Time||7 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup jasmine rice uncooked
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 free-range eggs
- 4 bacon rashers lean & trimmed, diced
- 1 brown onion
- 1 cup pumpkin grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 2 tbsp soy sauce salt reduced
- Prepare rice according to packet directions, allow to cool.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pour in the egg and cook, swirling the pan to coat the base. Scrape down the sides of egg, until completely cooked. Roughly break the egg up with a wooden spoon. Remove egg from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok/pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the bacon and onion. Add the pumpkin, peas and corn. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add cooked rice to the pan and toss together. Add soy sauce and toss to combine. Return egg to the pan and heat through.
- Divide into 4 bowls to serve.
338 calories per serve
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.