Healthy French Toast with Walnuts and Maple Syrup
This healthy version of French toast from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is so easy to prepare, you don't need to save it for the weekends!
French toast always feels like such a treat and this healthy version from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is so easy to prepare, you don’t need to save it for just the weekends! They can be on the table in just 10 minutes.
This Healthy French Toast with Walnuts and Maple Syrup recipe tops the fluffy French toasts with walnuts which are rich in heart-healthy fats and are high in antioxidants. You could always add some extra toppings like banana or raspberries if you fancy something extra special.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has lots of delicious and healthy breakfast options like this for the perfect start to your day!
- 1 free range egg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1 slice wholegrain or gluten-free bread of choice
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp walnuts chopped
- Whisk egg and milk until combined.
- Dip the bread into the egg mix, coating both sides well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Serve French toast drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with walnuts.