Healthy And Gluten Free Apple Crumble
One of our big beliefs on The Healthy Mummy weight loss plans is that losing weight doesn’t mean depriving yourself of nice food.
And on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, our team of nutritionists create amazing menus which INCLUDE healthy sweet treats – such as this YUMMY gluten free apple crumble.
A healthy version of a family favourite, this crumble recipe uses rice flour and quinoa flakes to make a gluten free option.
This recipe serves 6 people so you can share with the whole family or keep leftovers in the fridge to enjoy the next day.
- 6 medium apples 600 grams
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg 0.2 grams
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour 65 grams
- 10 mls water
- 2 tsp lemon juice 10 mls
- 1 tsp cinnamon 1 grams
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar 50 grams
- 1/4 tsp salt 0.2 grams
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes 60 grams
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter 30 grams
- 1 tbsp orange juice 20 mls
- 1/4 tsp cooking oil spray 1 mls
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel, core and slice apples, place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice and water. Sprinkle over nutmeg, 2 tbsp of the rice flour, 1 tbsp of the coconut sugar, half the cinnamon and toss to combine. Arrange in a pie plate greased with a bit of cooking oil spray.
- Combine remaining rice flour, coconut sugar and cinnamon with the quinoa flakes and salt (omit the salt if using salted butter) and stir well. Use your fingers to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Drizzle over orange juice and stir to combine.
- Top apples with the crumble mixture and bake for 20 minutes until crumble is golden. Cover with foil and bake a further 25 minutes until apples are tender.
- Store extra baked crumble in the fridge.
- Crumble can be baked in 6 individual ramekins instead of as a single pie.
- Serve with natural yoghurt for an extra treat (increase total calories per serve if serving with yoghurt).
196 calories per serve
If you want to know how the Challenge is helping tens of thousands of mums lose weight and make family meal time easy then click here – and the challenges run every month so you can start at any time!
Get this Chocolate Weetbix Slice and recipes just like it on our 28 Day Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge gives you a meal plan, exercise routine and tips and advice to help you be the best version of yourself.
Do you find yourself victim to emotional eating? Take the stress out of putting so much emphasis on food and diet and try our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which has been described by 100,000’s of mums as a lifestyle change!
With a weekly meal plan consisting of 3 main meals and 3 snacks – The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help you stick to a healthy food plan and hit your weight goals.
You can find out more or join the 28 Day Challenge HERE.
Mums share their amazing Healthy Mummy transformations!
Cicily Goodwin- 35Kgs Lost
Mum of two Cicily started her journey with The Healthy Mummy in July 2016. In the first few months, she lost 20kgs by using The Healthy Mummy Smoothies twice a day and making the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meals. She lost another 35kgs over the next year.
Cicily says “I started the year at 110kgs and got to 75kg!! The lifetime goal I’ve dreamed of my whole life! “
Cicily admits that her when she started her journey it was all about weight loss but after living a healthy lifestyle it became a lot more about happiness.
Zoe Terry – 41.7Kgs Lost
Zoe shares, “July 2019 – March 2020 – 41.1kgs gone and definitely not missed! I never thought I could do it. I never thought I would enjoy it. But Healthy Mummy has made it easy and fun!
I have found that 2 smoothies, 3 snacks and a healthy main meal paired with daily exercise is what’s worked for me!”
Melissa Timmer – 37kgs Lost
The Healthy Mummy which has helped her take back control and within 18 months, she had lost a whopping 37 kg and has been maintaining her weight for three years.
Even though Melissa’s weight fluctuates up and down a little she says “I couldn’t care less because this journey is about being happy and if you feel happy in your skin, no matter how much you weigh or what size you are, that’s all that matters. “We are all different and beautiful so don’t be stuck on what scales say all the time.”
Tarryn Eames – 30Kg Lost
- From 97KGS to 67KGS
- From a size 18/20 to a size 10/12
- From lethargic to energetic
- From miserable to genuinely happy
- From hating my body to appreciating it.
“At the beginning of my journey, all I wanted was to lose weight. I never aimed to gain anything. However, all I’ve gained means more to me than the kilos that are now gone and the cms that have disappeared too. Somewhere along the way, I gained the energy to be able to play with my children and the confidence needed to do that in a public setting.
I gained many beautiful and like-minded friends. I gained confidence. I gained strength both physically and mentally. I gained self-love. I gained knowledge about nutrition and exercise. But most importantly I gained happiness.”