Healthy Kids Fish Fingers
Fish fingers are very popular with children and an easy win at at the dinner table. The problem with store bought fish fingers is they are often high in sodium and can contain up to 25 ingredients. In this homemade recipe, there are only 6 ingredients!
Fish is a good source of protein, which is important for growth It is also a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, which are important for eye and brain development, and have anti inflammatory properties which are beneficial for immunity and heart health.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 400 g white fish cut into 2cm thick chunks or strips
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Whisk egg and milk together
- Coat the fish in flour, dip fish into egg mixture, then roll in breadcrumbs
- Lay on a lined baking tray and spray with oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
You could even get the kids involved by getting them to help you roll the fish in the egg, flour and breadcrumbs or whisking the egg and milk.