Healthy Mummy Special Sauce Cheeseburger
Cheeseburgers don't have to be off the menu if you're watching your weight. This healthy special sauce cheeseburger is just 403 calories.
Who says Cheeseburgers have to be off the menu when you’re on a health and weight loss journey? Not us!
At The Healthy Mummy, we believe that you shouldn’t deprive yourself of the foods that you love, just learn to make healthier versions. This delicious home-made cheeseburger, with a yummy yet healthy special sauce, can be on the table in 15 minutes! Quicker and SO MUCH healthier than a round trip to Maccas!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 mintues|
- cooking oil spray
- 500 grams lean mince beef
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 carrot grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion sliced
- 6 wholegrain bread rolls
- 6 slices light cheese
- 2 tomatos
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 45 grams gherkins
- 3 tbsp reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a large bowl combine mince, garlic and carrot, season with salt and pepper to taste. Mould the mince mix into 6 even burger patties, using your hands press the patties firmly together to avoid them from falling apart during cooking.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium- high heat, spray with cooking oil spray.
- Add beef patties to one side of the pan, reserving enough room for sliced onion, if you need to you can use a separate frying pan from the onion.
- While beef patties are cooking, make the special sauce by combining gherkins and greek yogurt in a blender or food processor, blitz for 1 minute or until gherkins are well blended. Add mustard, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, onion powder and garlic powder, blitz again for 1 minute until well combined, place the special sauce into the freezer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Turn beef patties and stir onion.
- While the patties are cooking, start to assemble the burgers.
- Slice the burger buns in half, add lettuce and tomato slices.
- Once beef patties are cooked turn off heat and top each beef pattie with a slice of cheese, so the cheese starts to slightly melt.
- Add beef patties, onion and a large dollop of special sauce to each burger.
- This recipe makes 6 serves.
Each Cheeseburger with sauce is 407 calories
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has everything you need to stay fit and healthy! Join today!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an affordable, customisable weight loss program PROVEN to help mums reach their weight loss goals.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – express workouts just 10 mins
- Challenge includes a range of different exercises, Pilates, Dance Cardio, Yoga, Pilates, Hiit, Pregancy Workouts, Boxing, Weights Workouts.
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to over 4500 thousand EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!