High-Fibre Vegetarian Curry
This yummy family-friendly curry comes straight from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. It’s loaded with fibre-filled veggies and is perfect to make in a large batch to freeze for another time. At only $1.30 per serve, it’s kind to your wallet too.
If you’d prefer a non-vegetarian option then add some chicken or beef after sauteing the onion and cooking off the spices and cook the curry for a little longer to ensure the meat is cooked through and tender.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1/2 cup brown rice uncooked
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 cup salt-reduced liquid vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup tinned chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for a minute or two.
- Add the curry powder, cayenne pepper and tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring the curry to a boil, then add cauliflower, sweet potato, carrot and chickpeas. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender and curry has thickened.
- Divide the rice and curry evenly between two bowls, squeezing over some lime juice to serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.