5 ingredient wholesome homemade Easter eggs
Here’s a great recipe to make in time for Easter that the kids can help you with.
Making your own Easter eggs is a fun activity, but it also means you’re leaving out a ton of the added sugar that come with store bought eggs.
Why not make a double batch of these and package them up to give as gifts to relatives or neighbours?
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water
- 50 g dark chocolate 70% cacao or higher
- Assorted decorations optional
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Blitz oats, coconut, honey, vanilla and water in a food processor.
- Mould mixture into egg shapes and place in the freezer to firm up.
- Once frozen, melt chocolate using your preferred method and dip eggs into chocolate.
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper and then decorate quickly before the chocolate sets using your chosen decorations.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
81 calories each, before decorations added
Members of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge will have Easter all wrapped up, with stacks of healthy recipes to enjoy with family and friends.
Join us on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
With more than 4,000 delicious (and healthy) recipes, 350 exercises & 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and proven) to help busy mums like you lose weight!
To learn more and join the 28 Day Challenge, click here!