Fresh & zesty lemon, mint and parsley quinoa salad
This fresh and zesty lemon, mint and parsley quinoa salad is the perfect side dish.
Packed with protein, fibre, low GI carbs and healthy fats, it’s the ideal option for those working towards their wellness goals or taking part in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Enjoy with BBQ’d meats, grilled fish, stir fried tofu, or even a roast chicken. Or mix in some tinned tuna or salmon and enjoy it as a main dish.
The next round of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge starts soon! Check out all the info and sign up HERE.
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups water
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa under running water.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan and add the quinoa.
- Turn down to a low simmer and cook for around 15 minutes, or until the water has all been absorbed. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon, cumin and cinnamon.
- Place the quinoa into your salad bowl and add the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Drizzle over the dressing, season to taste, and then stir through the chopped herbs.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving with lemon wedges.
250 calories per serve