Low Calorie Raspberry Chocolate Tart
If you’re after a crowd-pleasing dessert to wow your friends and family, this is it. Beautiful, delicious AND healthy, this Raspberry Chocolate Tart tastes as good as it looks.
Who says you can’t enjoy decadent desserts when you are trying to lose weight and eat well?
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 can cocnut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Mix all the base ingredients (almond meal, cacao, coconut oil, honey and dates) together in a food processor until well combined, add a little water if needed so it combines. You want a moist crumb that will hold together, you can pinch some together with your fingers to test this out.
- Press the mix into the bottom of a tart tin, or you can make in individual moulds. Once you’ve firmly pressed it down, place in the fridge.
- In a small saucepan, pour in the coconut milk and coconut sugar. Bring to a simmer, making sure the coconut sugar has dissolved.
- Take the coconut milk mix off the heat and stir in the dark chocolate bits, stir until they are all melted.
- Take the raspberries and tear them gently apart, and scatter them across the prepared base.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the tart tin over the raspberries and base.
- Place tart in the fridge to set, for approximately 5 hours.
Serves 8, 261 calories per serve
If you are a fan of chocolate and desserts, you’ll love our Guilt Free Chocolate Treats and Baking Cookbook.