Make Ahead Nutty Breakfast Loaf
This is an absolutely delicious breakfast loaf that can be made ahead of time, meaning it’s easy to grab a healthy slice during your busy mornings.
This recipe makes 12 serves and is suitable to freeze, so you don’t have to eat it all at once.
Freeze in individual portions to easily defrost and have ready for breakfast as required.
Feel free to customise it by adding seeds or extra nuts for a bit more crunch.
We love make-ahead recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, as it means you can spend less time cooking each day.
Get all of your daily recipes, plus shopping lists and customisable meal plans when you join the challenge. Find out more HERE.
- 2 cups quinoa flakes rinsed
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare a loaf tin by lining with baking paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, leaving a few chopped nuts aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, almond milk, vanilla and maple syrup and then add to dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle with remaining chopped nuts.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool in tin.
- Cut into 12 slices and store in an airtight container in the fridge, or individually wrapped in the freezer. Can be enjoyed as is, or toasted.
272 calories per serve