Healthy Mexican Layer Dip
An impressive, indulgent dip that looks great in a glass bowl for entertaining. Even the colours are festive!
- 240 g tinned red kidney beans
- 2 chopped tomato
- 2 thinly sliced spring onions
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 hard taco shells
- Salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse beans and place in a bowl. Using a fork, lightly mash the beans then mix with the water to loosen. Season with salt and pepper and stir through spring onion.
- Place avocado in a separate bowl with chilli flakes and lime juice. Mash until smooth and well combined.
- Divide the bean mix between four small dishes. Top with yoghurt, avocado, diced tomato and grated cheese.
- One serve is one bowl of dip and one taco shell (heat as per packet directions before serving) broken into chips for dipping.
Recipe makes 4 serves at 208 calories each.