Mexican style scrambled eggs to feed a crowd
Here is the Bestand healthy Scrambled Eggs Recipe from the December 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge that we know you’ll love.
A big thanks to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Julie for sharing this pic with us – we love the idea of adding sliced avocado, yum.
This healthy Scrambled Eggs Recipe is a great one to have up your sleeve when you are trying to feed the crew over the holidays. It’s easy to make more or less depending on how many people you need to feed. Then everyone can customise with their sides of toast, avocado, and fresh herbs.
Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge or join here today.
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 brown onion diced
- 200 grams tinned kidney beans
- 1 tbsp jalapeno chillies sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 8 free-range eggs beaten
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Add capsicum, tomato and onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse and drain beans and add to the pan with the jalapenos and paprika. Stir to combine and season with pepper. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until well combined. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reheat pan and spray again with cooking oil spray. Pour in eggs and stir over the heat to scramble, for around 3-4 minutes.
- Place scrambled eggs on top of veggie and bean mix. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.
296 calories per serve.