Mexican-style Shredded Chicken Bake
Meals that feed the whole family like this Mexican-style Shredded Chicken Bake, are not only great for weeknights but also if your cooking for budget-friendly!
This Mexican bake is vegetable-filled and will have you and your family wanting to make again and again.
If you love bakes, you’ll love the recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Think Sausage & Veggie Pasta Bake, Moroccan Roasted Cauliflower and Chilli Pasta Bake, or Honey Mustard Chicken and Roast Vegetable Bake!
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets
- 400 g sweet potato cubed
- 1 corn cob kernels sliced off
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 1 capsicum sliced
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp group coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Place cubed sweet potato onto lined baking tray drizzle with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- While sweet potato is baking prepare remaining ingredients.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in large fry pan.
- Add chicken thighs to fry pan and brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken from pan and add sliced capsicum, onion and corn kernels to hot fry pan sauté until softened.
- Placed browned chicken into food processor and blitz on medium for a few seconds until chicken shreds.
- In large bowl place grated carrot, spices, diced tomatoes, shredded chicken, roasted sweet potato and sautéed onions, capsicum and corn.
- Mix well and pour mixture into a baking tray.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top and bake for 10 minutes and serve and enjoy.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 4 days or in freezer for up to 3 months.
Makes 5 serves at 300 calories per serve.
A BIG Thank You to Cassie Wight for submitting her recipe.
You can find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.