Nut Free Chocolate Oat Granola
Looking for a healthy breakfast cereal that’s not loaded with fat and sugar? Make your own!
The kids will love this, and you can tailor it according to your (or your fussy eater’s) food preferences.
Leave out the coconut and add more oats, throw in some crushed nuts or pumpkin seeds, or even add some chopped dried apricots depending on your tastes.
This recipe comes from the Fussy Kids eBook. Do you have a fussy eater at home? You’ll love The Healthy Mummy Fussy Kids eBook, available from our shop.
Have you heard about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, coconut, chia seeds and cocoa/cacao.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla and honey until smooth. Pour coconut oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir until coated.
- Spread granola over the prepared baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Stir and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Cool completely on the tray without stirring.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for 1-2 weeks.
- Serve each portion with some milk.
This recipe comes from our Fussy Kids eBook. As with all of our children's recipes, we don't count the calories as we are focused purely on flavour and nutrition.
The Healthy Mummy Fussy Kids eBook is available from our shop.