Ochazuke rice bowl with mushrooms, carrot and soy sauce
We love seeing photos like this – 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Ashleigh Dunkley shared her lunch photo in our Private Facebook Support Group.
Ochazuke is a popular Japanese dish, made with green tea infused rice, soy sauce and lots of fresh veggies.
What’s more, this specific and delicious recipe is DIRECT from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
“Ochazuke for lunch from this week’s meal plan,” Ashleigh says.
“I love that the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has me trying food I never would have before. This was delicious! Not too heavy, but a really filling lunch. I actually couldn’t eat it all. Who else stepped out of their comfort zone with something new this week?”
This rice bowl can be on the table in under half an hour. It’s super adaptable so the kids can add their own preferred toppings as you serve it up.
- 1 cup sushi rice uncooked (from the Asian section of supermarket)
- 2 green teabags
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 sheet sushi seaweed finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp black or white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp soy sauce salt reduced
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- Place the teabags in a jug and pour over the boiling water. Allow to steep for a couple of minutes.
- Arrange rice in a bowl and top with the carrots, sushi, parsley, mushrooms, and sesame seeds.
- Pour green tea over the top to create a broth. Drizzle with soy sauce to serve.
362 calories per serve.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.