One Pan Lemon Chicken recipe and Roast Vegetables
When it comes to healthy eating, one of the least fun parts is washing up after cooking a meal. So today we have a healthy eating one-pot wonder that will produce a delicious lemon chicken recipe and a vegetable meal that the whole family will love.
Feel free to add any other roasting vegetables that you like to the pan – such as zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, beetroot or capsicum.
When you are trying to lose pregnancy weight, it’s a great idea to enjoy a rainbow of colourful vegetables so that you are taking in loads of vitamins and minerals.
- 500 g chicken thighs, drumsticks or breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole bulb garlic cut in half
- 3 small onions peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 potatoes or 1 medium sweet potato cut into chunks
- 3 small chillis whole, optional
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Heat the oil (if you have one, use a dish that can go from stove to oven) on medium/high.
- Add the garlic and onions, and stir fry for around 4 minutes to get a little colour.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chilli and chicken.
- Season to taste and add the rosemary.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn everything over and then add the lemon juice and zest.
- Stir well and then cook for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked well and the veggies are browned.
Calories per serve: 265 (based on using chicken thighs and sweet potato)