Rich chocolate brownies with a secret ingredient
These rich and tempting healthy brownies have one main ingredient, that you may not have thought to add to your healthy baking. Zucchini!!!
The Zucchini gives them their dense and rich texture, so there is no need to use high fat butter and chocolate. This is just one of our thousands of clever and delicious recipes created by our food gurus here at The Healthy Mummy.
Another added bonus is they’re an easy way of getting hidden veggies into the kids.
- 1/2 cup olive oil you could use coconut oil but it would change the calories
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Self Rasing wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini - don't squeeze out the liquid 2 zucchinis are perfect
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Spray a slice tray with oil then line the bottom with baking paper
- Mix together the oil, coconut sugar and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Add in flour and cocoa until well combined- the mix will be dry but don’t panic!
- Fold in zucchini for a few seconds – but DO NOT over beat it
- Spread into slice tray and bake for 15-20 mins until a skewer inserted comes out with some moist bits on it
- The top should look cooked
- Let cool completely in the tin before icing with your choice of icing
160 calories per piece
You can enjoy these brownies while following your healthy eating plan, with a smidgen of guilt. The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has over 3,500 more amazing recipes for you to try.
Click here to find out more.