DELICIOUS Nutty Toasted Muesli & Yoghurt Breakfast Sundae
Make this deliciously nutty muesli ahead of time and you’ve got a super healthy breakfast that only takes 30 seconds to throw together in the morning.
Depending on your tastes and dietary requirements, you can make this recipe vegan by using coconut yoghurt instead of traditional natural or Greek yoghurt.
Why not prepare a big batch of the muesli and use it for your breakfast for the week? It’s perfect if you are following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 1 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 2.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 6 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries or fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Melt coconut oil in microwave with rice malt syrup and mix well.
- Stir in all dry ingredients and spread on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake until just turning golden brown on top (10-15 mins) and then let cool (you need to crumble it a little once it starts to cool or it all sticks together). Divide into 3 portions.
- Once cooled, layer each sundae dish with 1/2 of 1 muesli portion.
- Put some yoghurt and blueberries on top.
- Add the rest of the muesli, followed by more yoghurt and top with the rest of the berries.
Recipe makes 3 sundaes at 300 calories each.
Want more recipes like this? We’ve got plenty of healthy breakfast ideas here.