Ten Minute Vanilla And Cinnamon Waffles
Here’s a fabulous ten minute dessert that the whole family will love.
A waffle maker is used in this recipe but if you don’t have one you can just cook the batter like you would a pancake, in a frypan.
Feel free to top them with whatever fruit you have on hand – think blueberries and raspberries, chopped kiwi fruit or even mango and coconut.
This recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. All of the recipes are not only delicious and family friendly, they’ll also help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Find out more about the next challenge HERE.
- 1 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix Vanilla
- 1/3 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 free range egg
- 3 tsp strawberry jam sugar free
- Whisk Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix, flour, baking powder, milk, cinnamon and egg until smooth.
- Heat a waffle maker as per directions and pour in a third of the batter, cooking for 5 minutes or until golden and crispy. If you don’t have a waffle maker heat a frypan over medium-high and lightly spray with cooking oil. Pour in a third of the batter and cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip over and cook on the other side for a minute or two, until golden. Repeat with remainder of the batter to make 3 waffles (or pancakes).
- Spread each waffle with a teaspoon of jam to serve. One waffle is one serve.
144 calories per serve