A healthy version of a fast food favourite. Make these delicious nuggets from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for the whole family and serve with a side salad for a nutritious and budget-friendly meal.
Great to make in bulk and store in the freezer for a quick to prepare meal another time.
|Prep Time||20 mins|
|Cook Time||50 mins|
- 1 small sweet potato cut into cubes (160 grams)
- 1 cup broccoli cut into florets (100 grams)
- 1 cup cauliflower cut into florets (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas defrosted (80 grams)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels fresh or tinned (80 grams)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese grated (30 grams)
- 1 free range egg beaten (50 grams)
- 1/4 cup plain wholemeal flour (30 grams)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs (60 grams)
- 1 cup tomato passata (250 mls)
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs (0.5 grams)
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed (1.5 grams)
- 1 small zucchini grated (110 grams)
- Steam the sweet potato on the stovetop or in a microwave until tender. Mash.
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower into a food processor and process until they resemble grains of rice.
- Combine the mashed sweet potato with the broccoli and cauliflower rice. Add the peas, corn, cheese, egg and flour and stir to combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and dried herbs.
- Shape the vegetable mix into 12 nugget shapes and gently roll each one into the herbed breadcrumbs. Place on the prepared tray and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven, turn the nuggets over, lightly spray again with cooking oil spray and return to the oven for another 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- While the nuggets are cooking, place the passata, garlic and zucchini in a saucepan. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through and zucchini is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the nuggets evenly between two plates and serve with an equal amount of the zucchini-tomato sauce for dipping.
- Serve with a simple side salad if you like.
This recipe contains 433 calories per serve and costs only $2.10.
BOOST your immunity with more delicious recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Take part in our 28 Day Weight Loss Program, for access to thousands of recipes and meal plans created by our Nutritionists.
- Get instant and permanent access to our Healthy Mummy app which includes 4,000 recipes, 400 workout videos, daily support and the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- Get new amazing nutritionist Recipe plan every week.
- Get ongoing support and motivation.
- Daily indoor exercises videos to keep you fit.
- Daily support from The Healthy Mummy team and over 200,000.