Trying to make bliss balls or purees in your mini handheld blender can not only be time-consuming, but also simply unachievable.
Your recipe requires finely chopped nuts, thinly sliced carrots and potato, there isa mess everywhere, you need to be at the school pickup in three minutes. Enter: The food processor.
Here are the five of the best food processors out there. A food processor is worth the investment, so plug in and get processing (cooking)!
What to look for
Before buying, make sure you’ve ticked the list of what your pram should include. Here is what you should look for!
- Base weight: A heavier base will mean that your food processor is able to tackle more food without being thrown off balance.
Attachments: Having more than one blade means you can do more with just the one appliance. Gone will be the days of having 3 different knives out, a grater and a mandolin!
Pulse function: Pulsing helps to distribute the load more evenly and create an even consistency, especially when blending smaller amounts. Think yummy, creamy and smooth Healthy Mummy Smoothies.
- Dishwasher friendly: Busy mums, this one’s for you. Being able to put something so bulky and big through the dishwasher can make such a difference when prepping meals.
- Rubber feet: This doesn’t sound like a necessity but it truly does make a difference. When using the processor it can move around and rumble a lot, so having rubber feet ensures it stays put.
Top 5 food processors
1. Magimix 4200 XL
With almost all of the reviews of this processor being great, the Magimix 4200 XL will have you making homemade pasta sauce every where in no time! With a 3 litre capacity, you can chop, slice and pulse bigger ingredients all in one go.
2. Kambrook Essentials Direct Drive KFP400
A great price for an efficient food processor. With a 1.5 litre capacity, this Kambrook processor is still big enough to make soups, and curry pastes! Easy to clean, you’ll forget how to use a regular knife!
3. Sunbeam MultiProcessor Compact LC6000
A simple and all around great food processor. For the mum that doesn’t have much time to hang around washing up, this Sunbeam is easy to clean, big enough for a family of 4 and also comes with a glass blender! Hello Smoothies.
4. Magimix Compact 3200 / 3200 XL
With 10 accessories, this food processor is a top of the range (it even has 3 different sized bowls!). A little more on the expensive side, the Magimix is also a space-saver as it’s compact.
5. Breville Kitchen Wizz 15 Pro BFP800
At 3.7 litres, this processor is for busy mums with a tribe to feed! Think of all the yummy and healthy baking treats you could whiz up in this processor and it’s 4 blades. Need to chop 12 Brazil nuts, you don’t have to lift a finger with this processor.
Take your new favourite kitchen appliance for a spin with this Mini Muesli Cups For Food Processor or Thermomix recipe.
Combine your healthy cooking with exercise
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge combines healthy meal plans with exercises you can do at home through our app.
With the intention to reach your weight loss goals, the Challenge is centred around a balanced and healthy approach to living a healthy lifestyle.