When it comes to packing lunch, sometimes it’s the last thing on your mind, sometimes you don’t have time, and most of the time you just have no idea what on earth to pack!
There are ways around this common busy mum dilemma but before you reach for your wallet or that easy take out why not try one of these simple recipes.
Here are 5 main lunch recipes that require 5 or less ingredients.
1. The Ultimate 5 Ingredient Ham & Cheese Baked Potato
You can customise this recipe and use whatever you have in the fridge to top the baked potato. Make this for yourself and your kids lunchbox and you’ll save time by not making two different lunches (also get your kids involved).
2. Pesto and Spinach Rolls
Instead of picking up an oily pastry from the bakery on your way to the school drop off, make your own healthy and just as yummy Pesto and Spinach Rolls! Your kids will love, love, love these packed in their lunchbox too.
3. Healthy Egg Sandwich
Sandwich made more interesting
Find this recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
4. Ham, Pineapple and Mushroom 2-ingredient pizza
Making these easy as pizza’s can be so fun for your kids as well as you as it means less cooking time and thinking about what to pack for lunch! Top with whatever you have in the fridge, and you have yourself some yummy pizza slices!
5. Tuna Pasta Salad
A great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids for kids. Egg-free and nut-free you can rest assured your kids lunchbox will be school-friendly!
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber
- 50g tinned tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup cooked pasta (or rice), cooled
- Sprinkle of grated parmesan
- Chop tomatoes and cucumber into chunky dice.
- Toss vegetables with tuna and pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Refrigerate to make sure salad is well chilled before putting it in a lunch box.
This recipe is from the Healthy Kids Cookbook eBook.
If you’re a new mum here is your lunchbox packing guide (mum-approved).
Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge where you can lose up to 5kg* in ONE month!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE CLICK HERE