Melissa Timmer is a mum of 2 and says she has always been on a roller coaster ride with her weight for pretty much her whole life, until now!
She has lost 36kg and has maintained this for over 1 year now with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Melissa shares her story and her top tips for toning that booty!
Melissa’s weight loss transformation
“After my son I gained 20kg and went on a stupid diet and lost it all, but only to gain 40kg back 2 years late!
After my daughter I was officially at my heaviest (107kg), while scrolling through healthy ways to loose weight while breastfeeding I found The Healthy Mummy, I ordered my first tub of smoothie and started exercises and a few months later I joined the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
I was loving the recipes and experimented with all these new things I was learning and I learnt that I could still enjoy life and eat yummy foods that were made with ingredients I didn’t even know existed.
I had no idea that you could make certain recipes that I loved eating but in a healthier version, for example choc chip muffins.
I managed to lose 36kg and I have maintained it for over 1 year now, the scales have started going down even more now. I’m almost at my new goal weight as my original goal weight was 72kg and I’ve gone past that.
Never in my life did I think I would be confident enough to wear swimmers, this is the best I have felt ever, and for everyone that said after kids it wouldn’t be possible, what a load of rubbish, anything is possible if you set your mind to it!” Melissa said.
Melissa’s top 5 booty tips
- Focus on building muscle. I love the Chocolate Protein powder for this.
- Fuel your body with the right foods and protein powder for your muscles to grow and recover. The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has so many options that you will never be bored!
- Squats! aim for at least 100 a day and gradually build up your numbers each week.
- Kick backs are awesome, add some resistance bands for a better burn.
- Lunges. Lunge kicks, lunge jumps, lunge holds, adding weights to your hands or a bar on your shoulders will help build and tone muscle. Use the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge exercises to help. If it doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you!
Join Melissa on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
With more than 4,000 delicious (and healthy) recipes, 350 exercises & 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and proven) to help busy mums like you lose weight!