Are you ready to take control of your health and life and lose that excess weight you’ve been carrying around for far too long? If so, taking part in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge will help you achieve just that!
But don’t just take our word for it. Hear what some of our Healthy Mummy Mums have to say, including their AWESOME tips to help you get started on your weight loss journey.
Real mums with real advice
The Healthy Mummy Mum Squad are real mums just like you. Each at different stages of their weight loss journey’s and each with their own unique struggles.
They share some AWESOME tips to help you get started on your weight loss journey and how to overcome obstacles you may face along the way. They know first hand, the fears that you might be facing, the best steps for success, and what to do if your motivation starts to wain. Don’t miss their valuable advice below.
When mums support mums AMAZING things happen. We are all in this together! They believe you can achieve your weight loss goals and we do too!
Meet the Healthy Mummy Weight Loss – Mum Squad
Brooke Ward is a 35 year old mum from Melbourne. She has an 11 year old stepson and a 1 year old son of her own.
Goal: “My goal is to get to the gym 5 days a week, hit 10,000 steps a day and lose 5kgs!”
Brooke’s tips for getting started on your weight loss journey
- Start small – change one thing at a time.
- Set goals and break them down into small achievable daily goals. It’s all well and good to say ‘I want to lose 20kgs’ but ask yourself how are you going to do that?
Motivation Advice: “When you feel like you are losing your motivation remember your ‘why’ and look back at your before photos and know what you’re doing is worth it!.
There’s no such thing as can’t! You absolutely CAN DO IT, you just need to believe in yourself. And you have a whole community of amazing women behind you supporting you every step of the way!”.
Ebony Manu is a 24 year old mum of 2 (ages 3 and 6 months) from Dubbo, NSW.
Goal: “My goal is to eat well for the whole month and workout at least 6 out of 7 days. Complete a 10 minute run or more by the end of the month and lose at least 5kg”.
Ebony’s tips for getting started on your weight loss journey
- Give The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge a go for at least for a month – this program really does work.
- Listen to your body – take a rest from exercise if needed.
- Just start today – instead of putting it off until Monday.
- Allow yourself one special treat – it won’t mess up your entire weight loss journey!
- Measure and take photos of your body – sometimes the scales don’t change. See how to take measurements
Motivation Advice: “You can do it! You will love this lifestyle change once you give it a go!”
Jenny Kirby is a 48 year old mum of 2 boys (ages 15 and 18) and lives in Adelaide, South Australia. She is just embarking on her Healthy Mummy weight loss journey.
Goal: “My goal is to be consistent with exercise and healthy eating. I know from past experiences when I wasn’t consistent, that being consistent is the only way I will achieve the results I want”.
Jenny’s tips for getting started on your weight loss journey
- Familiarise yourself with the Challenge App and make small changes if it seems too overwhelming.
- Start small with exercise – even if it’s just walking and be prepared with food and drink.
- Take photos and measurements and don’t focus too much on the scales. Read 4 reasons why the scales don’t always tell the truth.
4. Write down your goals or make an inspiration/motivation board to look at to keep reminding yourself that you can do this. Read How to make a motivation board in 7 easy steps
Renae Nicolson is a 43 year old mum of two boys from South Australia.
Goal: “My goal is to be as consistent as possible with food and exercise, especially when on holidays (which will be half of the time). I want to prove that wherever I am, I can still live a healthy lifestyle and I can also treat myself at times without risk of ruining all my hard work”.
Renae’s top tips for getting started on your weight loss journey
- Make small realistic changes (increase gradually)
- Track your progress (photos and measurements)
3. Reward yourself (no matter how small)
Motivation Advice: “When you feel that it is all getting a bit too hard, look back on your ‘before’ photos and remind yourself how far you’ve come.
When you are losing motivation it is the perfect time for self care – run a bath, put on a face mask, go for a walk on the beach. Sometimes all you need is a bit of time out to reflect to refocus.
Go at your OWN PACE and do what fits in with YOUR lifestyle.
For me, I’ve had moments of ‘I can’t’ especially at the beginning when everyone around me was losing BIG numbers.
Having PCOS and recovering from an injury meant my progress was a little slower (and still is) but progress is progress! I just kept reminding myself that any improvements, whether they were noticeable on the outside or not, are a step in the right direction! Read PCOS and weight loss
As mums, we are so used to multi-tasking, caring for others, and putting our kids first. What we sometimes forget about is ourselves.
You are worth putting in the time and energy for – to ensure you are the best version of yourself. Not only for your family and loved ones, but for YOU. What do you have to lose?”.
Christine Hamann is a 40 year old mum-of-3 (boys aged 20 and 5, and girl age 15) from Adelaide, South Australia.
Goal: “My goal is to lose 4 kg and at least 1 dress size. To go to the gym at least 4 days a week and do exercises from the Challenge App the other 3 days”.
Christine’s tips for getting started on your weight loss journey
- Read as much as you can about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Familiarise yourself with the Challenge App. Write down any questions you have and don’t be scared to ask them.
- Make small changes. If you are a breakfast skipper make sure you have it every day even if it means you have to set an alarm to remind you. Read Why eating breakfast is so important
- Drink at least 2 litres of water every day. If you don’t like plain water add some fruit like berries. Read 8 Ways to know if you are drinking enough water.
Motivation Advice: “If I ever feel like giving up, I look at my photo and see what I have achieved in just 3 weeks and I feel so much better within myself.
Believe you can do it and you will. Take baby steps, if you can’t exercise for long that’s ok. Even a walk down the street is better than doing nothing.
You need to realise that you are worth it and you are so much stronger than you think. There is also so many amazing women in the Healthy Mummy community to support you every step of the way”.
Kayla’s tip for getting started your weight loss journey
- Have a daily plan of what exercise you will do and for how long, and a plan of the food you will be eating.
Emma’s tips for getting started on weight loss journey
- Jump in today – tomorrow never comes! No point waiting – get started NOW!
- Join with a friend. When I first started I teamed up with a best friend – it made us accountable to each other and also understood what each other was doing and was there to support and encourage each other.
- Make the meal plan work for you! I repeat a lot of snacks and lunches to simply and streamline my plan and to make groceries affordable and easy to prepare.
Angie’s tips for getting started on your weight loss journey
- Repeat meals on the Challenge App (lunch the same, breakfast the same, 3 different snacks and different dinner every night) until you get familiar with meal planning so then it isn’t overwhelming.
- Take it one day at a time and break it down into smaller goals instead of focusing on the bigger picture as a whole, this really helped me.
“When I feel like giving up I think of my reason why I started in the first place. I push myself further and keep on going!”
Motivation Advice: “Believe in yourself! You are 100% stronger than you think and you really CAN do this. Try it, take it day-by-day and see how you go. Find a friend to help you. You definitely CAN DO this!”.
Andrea Dixon is a 34 year old mum-of-5 from Aveley in Western Australia.
Goal: “My goal is to keep pushing forward, keep hitting my step count and water intake. I am aiming to lose 5kg”.
Top tips for getting started on weight loss journey
- Don’t be afraid to start slow – focus on one or two healthy meals a day and slowly increase so you are not overwhelmed.
- Do not underestimate the value of walking
- Drink water, water, water.
The Healthy Mummy works so well with my family of 7 and now everyone in my household’s favorite meal is a Healthy Mummy meal. If that is not a win I dont know what is!”.
Chloe Mondon is a 30 year old mum-of-2 boys (ages 6 and 4) from Melbourne.
Goal: “My goal is to reach a minimum 10,000 steps every day”.
Chloe’s tips for getting started on your weight loss journey
1. Simplify the meal plan
2. Make water a priority. At least 2 litres a day
3. Prep your snacks
Motivation Advice: “I never feel like giving up but sometimes I can stray from the plan. When this happens I just make sure I take things back to basics.
Don’t say you can’t do it until you try! Just start with one week – I promise you will be hooked. Losing 3.9kgs in my first week reassured me that if I can do it, anyone can!”.
Wow! Thank you ladies for sharing your September goals with us and your valuable tips for mums just getting started on their weight loss journeys. We know you are all going to smash you goals!.
Want to get in the best shape of your life? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY!
Think of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as the best value personal trainer, dietitian, meal planner, chef and motivational coach with DAILY support – that you have access to every day – without the high cost and all created JUST FOR MUMS.
Each month is DIFFERENT on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. EVERY MONTH you receive NEW 28 Days of FAMILY FRIENDLY customisable meal plans, daily exercise plans with videos and daily support. It’s also breastfeeding friendly.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!