Chilli con carne is a healthy eating option on a budget which is great for the WHOLE family.
Eat it burrito style, on rice (brown) or with some salad and some tostadas.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 good spray of oil for frying.
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli deseeded
- 500grams of lean beef mince
- 1 can of diced tomato
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 cup of beef stock salt reduced (or water if you do not have any)
- 1 can of kidney beans rinsed
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- Spray pan and fry the onion, garlic and chilli
- Add in the mince and cook until brown
- Add in tinned tomatoes and chop up other tomato
- Add in tomato paste and stock and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add in the spices and beans and cook through
- Serve either on cooked rice (try brown) and serve with either salad, guacamole, light sour cream, tomato, coriander or corn. Or you could wrap it up with similar ingredients with a tortilla.
300 calories per serve of chilli con carne.
Special Offer & 10% Discount
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe if you are breastfeeding and you can use code LOYALTY for a 10% DISCOUNT at the checkout
Are you part of the
28 Day Challenge?
Don’t miss out. Join millions of mums and take control of your body and life. You’ll see results in 28 days while saving money and eating delicious family-friendly food.Take Part