Chilli Con Carne is a healthy eating option on a budget which is great for the WHOLE family.
Chilli Corn Carne Recipe
Eat it burrito style, on rice (brown) or with some salad and some tostadas.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 good spray of oil for frying.
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli deseeded
- 500grams of lean beef mince
- 1 can of diced tomato
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 cup of beef stock salt reduced (or water if you do not have any)
- 1 can of kidney beans rinsed
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- Spray pan and fry the onion, garlic and chilli
- Add in the mince and cook until brown
- Add in tinned tomatoes and chop up the other tomato
- Add in tomato paste and stock and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add in the spices and beans and cook through
- Serve either on cooked rice (try brown) and serve with either salad, guacamole, light sour cream, tomato, coriander or corn. Or you could wrap it up with similar ingredients with a tortilla.
300 calories per serve of Chilli Con Carne.