In winter it can be easy to lose motivation… it’s too cold to cook, too cold to exercise, or too cold to eat healthy, but this mum says STOP THE EXCUSES!
She advises making a batch of hearty and healthy meals in one go that you can freeze!
Kaitie Purrsell, our serial meal prepper and one of our Healthy Mummy consultants, has made a WHOPPING 34 hearty and healthy winter meals for under $100. That works out at around $2.90 per serve!
“In winter it can be easy to lose motivation and make excuses! It’s too cold to cook, too cold to exercise, or too cold to eat healthy. The thing is these are all EXCUSES,” she says.
“Set aside a couple of hours and fill your freezer with healthy family friendly meals that will warm you up and keep you on track throughout the colder months!”
What Kaitie Made:
Slow Cooker Asian Style Chicken.
Turkey Meatballs in Rich Tomato Sauce – recipe in Challenge hub.
Honey Soy Chicken & Rice – recipe in Challenge hub.
Beef Burgundy With Fettuccine – recipe in Challenge hub.
Ricotta & Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken – recipe in Challenge hub.
Katie’s Top Tips:
- Make a plan, write a list and get all the ingredients ready.
- Try and make meals using ingredients you already have to save money.
- Preparing meals in bulk not only saves money but saves time as well – think of those fabulous nights you don’t have to cook dinner but can still eat healthy!
- I find cutting up and grating all vegetables when doing bulk prep makes it so much easier and uses less dishes too.
- Let all meals cool slightly before putting in the fridge or freezer.
- And always have something in your slow cooker when you are at home for the day, it takes a couple of minutes to chuck in the ingredients and then it basically looks after itself!
Kaitie’s 21kg Weight Loss
Kaitie says, “The Healthy Mummy has changed my views 110%! I love healthy food, I know what is in almost everything I eat, I save money and, believe it or not, in most cases, time by using the Healthy Mummy Meal Plans and cooking most things from scratch.”
What Kaitie Thinks About the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
The Healthy Mummy Slow-Cooked Meals For A Busy Life Recipe Book
Love cooking everything in one pot? Then these slow-cooked meals can actually be a friend to the time-poor mum, with just a bit of forward planning and a few minutes work in the morning this winter!
These recipes usually just require you to prepare a few ingredients, add them all to one pot and let the oven, stove top or your slow cooker do the rest. You can then get on with the rest of your day, knowing that you have a healthy and delicious meal ready for your family at dinner.
Slow cooked meals are also perfect for making in bulk and freezing, which again will save you time in the kitchen.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
If you are inspired by Kaitie’s before and after pics and want to take charge of your own health and weight – then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY.
With more than 4,000 delicious (and healthy) recipes, 350 exercises & 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and proven) to help busy mums like you lose weight!
To learn more about our challenge OR to join – click here.