In winter it can be easy to lose motivation… it’s too cold to cook, too cold to exercise, or too cold to eat healthy, but this mum says STOP THE EXCUSES!
She advises making a batch of hearty and healthy meals in one go that you can freeze!
(Please note, these prices are based on grocery prices in June 2021).
Kaitie Purssell has made a WHOPPING 34 hearty and healthy winter meals for under $100. That works out at around $2.90 per serve! (Please note the costs in this blog have been calculated based on 2021 prices, which may vary over time!)
“In winter it can be easy to lose motivation and make excuses! It’s too cold to cook, too cold to exercise, or too cold to eat healthy. The thing is these are all EXCUSES,” she says.
“Set aside a couple of hours and fill your freezer with healthy family friendly meals that will warm you up and keep you on track throughout the colder months!”
What Kaitie Made:
Slow Cooker Asian Style Chicken.
Turkey Meatballs in Rich Tomato Sauce – recipe in Challenge hub.
Honey Soy Chicken & Rice – recipe in Challenge hub.
Beef Burgundy With Fettuccine – recipe in Challenge hub.
Ricotta & Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken – recipe in Challenge hub.
Kaitie’s Top Tips:
- Make a plan, write a list and get all the ingredients ready.
- Try and make meals using ingredients you already have to save money.
- Preparing meals in bulk not only saves money but saves time as well – think of those fabulous nights you don’t have to cook dinner but can still eat healthy!
- I find cutting up and grating all vegetables when doing bulk prep makes it so much easier and uses less dishes too.
- Let all meals cool slightly before putting in the fridge or freezer.
- And always have something in your slow cooker when you are at home for the day, it takes a couple of minutes to chuck in the ingredients and then it basically looks after itself!
Kaitie’s 21kg Weight Loss
Kaitie says, “The Healthy Mummy has changed my views 110%! I love healthy food, I know what is in almost everything I eat, I save money and, believe it or not, in most cases, time by using the Healthy Mummy Meal Plans and cooking most things from scratch.”
What Kaitie Thinks About the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge