Are you trying to lose baby weight? Is ice cream your weakness? If you’ve answered YES then this post is for you!
For a lot of women (ok, most women) ice-cream is hard to resist. However, knowing what’s in it (and what’s not) might just help you reduce your intake somewhat.
100g of ice cream can pack a big punch in terms of calories, fat and sugar, all of which are ingredients you need to reduce if you are trying to lose weight.
If you’re keen to find out what our top choices for healthy commercial branded ice-creams, we have the lowdown on the best choices right here.
Healthiest commercial branded ice creams
1. Chocolate Paddle Pop, 54g
2. Skinny Cow Vanilla Chocolate Bar, 67g
3. Bulla Light 98% Fat Free Vanilla Ice Cream, 100g
1.6 g fat
17.1 g sugar
4. So Good Chocolate Bliss, 100g
5. Peter’s Light and Creamy Ice Cream Vanilla, 100g
6. Cadbury Light Vanilla Ice Cream, 100g
7. Streets Blue Ribbon Light Ice Cream Vanilla, 100g
If you’d rather make your own healthy ice-cream, we have some fabulous recipes.
Healthy Mummy Recipes For Healthier Ice Creams
- Try your hand at making your own icy poles – these Mango Lime and Strawberry Pops ones are a big hit with adults and kids alike.
- Sorbets are a way to enjoy ice cream – minus the cream! Our One Ingredient Fruit Sorbet is refreshing as well as healthier than traditional sugary sorbets.
- You could also try using yoghurt instead of cream, by making our Strawberry Coconut Frozen Delight or Raspberry Frozen Yoghurt Sorbet.
- For an amazingly guilt free treat, simply freeze some bananas and then whiz them up in the blender – recipe and details here for making this Banana Ice-Cream.
The main thing to remember is that you can enjoy everything in moderation. If you find that you can in fact stick to a small scoop of your favourite ice cream as a treat (and that does not mean every night!) you can still have it as part of your healthy eating plan, although we do think our home made versions are way better.
Did you know mums have lost OVER 3 million* kilos with us?
The Healthy Mummy exists to help tired, busy mums like you SHIFT THE BABY WEIGHT and REACH YOUR GOAL WEIGHT.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an affordable, breastfeeding-friendly and realistic program that helps mums tackle their diet and improve their overall health through weekly (and customisable) meal plans, at-home exercises and 24/7 social support.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.