Goodbye big blocks of solid frozen soup and HELLO soup discs!
The new hack making lives easier! It’s soup season and we have so many delicious recipes you can bulk cook and freeze on a budget!
The hack: Instead of freezing your soups into single containers that will end up in one big block taking forever to defrost, use a silicone muffin tray and pour the mix into the tray before freezing.
Once frozen you can pop them out of the tray in little discs – they will store much better and defrost quicker!
At just 70 cents a serve we have used our easy Pumpkin Soup recipe in the video below, but any soup will work!
Check out the hack here!
Healthy soup disc recipe
Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Using seasonal produce to make a healthy soup is a great way to eat well and enjoy the fresh flavours. Not only is it a delicious meal idea for the family (babies love it too!), it is a quick and easy option to reheat for lunch the next day.
Pumpkin is in season now, which means it is not only very affordable but full of flavour. Today’s recipe is for a delicious pumpkin soup from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge that is sure to be a family favourite.
Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- 1 kg pumpkin cut into chunks
- Sea salt and pepper to season
- chilli flakes optional
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 750 ml salt reduced vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 4 tbsp natural greek yoghurt to serve
- 4 slices wholemeal mountain bread to serve toasted
Preheat your oven to 200C.
Place the pumpkin onto a baking tray and drizzle over the olive oil.
Season with a little sea salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
Roast the pumpkin for 35 minutes until soft.
Blend the pumpkin with the stock, beans and ginger until smooth. Pour the soup into a saucepan and heat through gently.
Ladle into bowls and serve with a spoon of natural Greek yoghurt on top, and toasted Mountain Bread on the side
Recipe makes 4 serves at 257 calories per serve.
For more healthy soup recipes, join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.