Hats off to our AMAZING Healthy Mummy mum, Amy! This former introverted mum, feels BRAVE and body confident after losing a WHOPPING 33kg in just eight months with The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and Smoothies.
The new confident Amy discusses what it means to her to be BRAVE and share her tips for mums looking to shed weight by Summer. You won’t want to miss this!
It takes a brave MUM to learn to let go of her insecurities and overcome anxiety and this is exactly what Healthy Mummy mum Amy did after losing 33kgs with The Healthy Mummy program.
She recently took part in The Healthy Mummy body confident swimsuit photoshoot where she chose the slogan ‘BRAVE’ to best describe her weight loss journey. She explains why below.
Amy’s weight loss journey
Amy has been following The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges since May 2017 and lost 33kg is just eight months with the challenge meal plan and exercises and the Healthy Mummy smoothies. Read more about Amy’s weight loss journey here.
She says “I had struggled with my weight the majority of my life and was hoping to lose maybe 10kg.
I honestly didn’t think I’d be able to achieve even that, but one week into The Healthy Mummy I knew this was going to be it.
I wasn’t hungry and the food was amazing.”
Why ‘Brave’ to define her weight loss journey?
Amy chose the slogan ‘Brave’ as she says she has felt brave in many ways.
Prior to discovering The Healthy Mummy Amy says “I always felt anxious. My self confidence was lacking too because I felt so conscious of my weight in public.
I’d worry about what people would think of me.
Now I’ve learnt to let those insecurities go, and just get on with my life.
The anxieties are still there at the back of my mind but I push them aside, be brave and just get on with it.
I’ve also had a lot to deal with due to my son’s heart condition.
When I first found out he had serious complicated heart conditions which would require several life saving open heart surgeries, I was a mess.
I needed to be brave for my family to hold us together.
It was hard not knowing what was happening or what the future would hold but my husband and daughter needed me to put on brave face and reassure them that he was in the best place and the doctors and nurses will do their absolute best.”
Amy’s tips for creating a better you
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed and feel like you have no control in your life, make living a healthy lifestyle your priority. It is the one thing you can control!
In order to take control of her life and lose weight Amy used a combination of Healthy Mummy smoothies (usually twice a day for breakfast and lunch) and followed the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal and exercise plans.
Amy says “I love smoothies as they are so quick and easy to prepare. It helps that they taste like something naughty but really are fuelling your body with all the right nutrients.
The challenges are great as there are so many different recipes to chose from and it is completely customisable. So you make it work for you and your family.
Our family circumstances meant that going to a gym was impossible for me and unaffordable. Thankfully the challenge app offers variety of exercise videos which you can do in your own home. I have not stepped into a gym at all.”
- Don’t stress about what others may think of you because you are insecure in your body. If you are working hard to change, let that empower you and give you confidence.
- It’s ok to feel a bit anxious in situations, but don’t let it stop you from living your life. Be brave and face those fears, little by little.
Amy’s top tips for Summer shredding
- BE CONSISTENT: Take it one day at a time and be consistent with both your food and exercise.
- EVALUATE YOUR PROGRESS: Stay focussed on your goals and perhaps spend a little time at the end of the day evaluating how you went.
- IF YOU SLIP UP GET BACK ON: Remember if you do have a little slip up, it’s not the end of the world, however it is how you respond to that slip up that will make all the difference. Don’t beat yourself up. Just get straight back into it.
- FOCUS ON SMALL GOALS: Instead of focusing on your end goal which can leave you feeling overwhelmed, break your goal into smaller goals that you can achieve in 1 -2 weeks. This helped keep me focused. Instead of looking at the 30kg to go I would just focus on 1 or 2kg. Once you reach those goals remember to reward yourself with something other than food.
- MAKE TIME FOR EXERCISE: Make time for yourself to exercise. We often so busy doing things for our families but it is so important to take that time for yourselves. The housework will always be there no matter what.
- FIND SOMETHING YOU LOVE: Find something you love, wether it walking, weights, dancefit etc. As long as you enjoy it, you’re more likely to do it.
The Healthy Mummy team would like to thank Amy for sharing her tips with us and showing us what BRAVE means to her.
Want to get into the best shape of your life and not already a Healthy Mummy Challenge member? Join Amy and thousands of other mum losing weight and taking control of their lives every single day.
Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Whether you have 5 kilograms to lose or 35 kilograms to lose – The Healthy Mummy is here to SUPPORT YOU and your PERSONAL WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY.
You can also PURCHASE Healthy Mummy Smoothie here.