Dana Bethune has lost 30kg in 15 months by committing to following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
32-year-old says the defining moment for her was when she was suffering from numerous health issues.
“I was so uncomfortable, I had high blood pressure throughout my pregnancy, breathing was so difficult,” she admits.
“I couldn’t stand up from the floor after playing with my son, and I just felt so unhealthy.”
How Dana lost 30kg by following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Amazingly, Dana was able to turn that around.
“The biggest being my breathing. I no longer hear myself breathing or get puffed while talking,” she says.
“My flexibility and ease of movement is amazing too. I just feel Healthier. In every respect. Managing my post natal depression is ongoing but the improvements since starting my journey is a welcome relief.”
As a busy mum, Dana says she finds The Healthy Mummy app super handy and time saving.
“The calorie calculator and the ease of tracking weight has definitely been a huge contributor to my results,” she says.
“I utilise and update my profile to ensure that I am still on track for my calories and workouts.”
Dana’s day on a plate
Breakfast: A Healthy Mummy smoothie
Snack: Protein bar
Lunch: Tandoori Chicken and Naan Salad
Dinner: Beef San Choy Bow
Dessert: Chocolate Coconut Brownies
“I currently have 218 recipes saved I my favourites on the app. Always a winner for the family are Mexican Lasagne, Veggie and Sausage Bake, San Choy Bow,” she says.
“I love the Easy Chicken Nachos, Veggie Taco Salad, Baked Tortilla Stack, Loaded Sweet Potato Fries, Dairy Free Chocolate Oats, beef burgers, Peanut Bubble Crunch, Cajun Chicken Pizza, Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart, Pumpkin Feta and Chorizo Salad.
“I have to stop listing them because it’s making me hungry!”
Dana’s tips for success
1. Book in the workout. Write the workout on the calendar, diary or call a friend and walk together or book in a group session at a gym. But if I don’t have it booked in, it doesn’t happen.
2. Don’t underestimate the importance of self care.
3. Make small changes that you can succeed with and grow your success from there.
Start small and progress from there. I started by committing to only eating healthy mummy recipes and then when I was confident in what I was eating I focused on water intake and from there exercise.
“These small changes would get me excited for next week where I’d see a difference again,” she says.
“My mantra is ‘I’m not where I want to be but I’m working on it and I’m getting there’.
“I’d eat 90% Healthy Mummy and then allow some treats so that I can stay on track and not get discouraged by having a cheat day/meal.
“Talk to yourself like you would talk to and support your best friend. But try to trust yourself and your process.”
Are you ready to join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get access to this INCREDIBLE APP??
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!