Mum who lost 14kg shares plans on how she will make 2018 her BEST year yet!
We ALL have tough days, especially over the Christmas period when there’s so much socialising going on, and this often means more drinking and eating.
But rather than give up, this mama has shared some fantastic tips on how she is planning to get back on track in 2018 and continue on her weight loss journey.
Virginia Middleton has lost 14kg through the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and she says her healthier way of living has helped manage her type 2 diabetes with just diet and exercise.
How this mum has vowed to make 2018 her BEST year yet
Mum-of-two Virginia was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes after suffering with gestational diabetes while she was pregnant with her first child.
But thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and The Healthy Mummy Smoothies, she’s managed to remain medication free for five years.
“I’m so proud of that,” she says. “I love the incredible support, the user-friendly app with heaps of exercise options and great functions, as well as the thousands of recipes.”
Virginia says her New Year’s resolution is to reach her final goal weight of 70kg, to run 10km and get her health in the best condition it’s ever been and keep it there.
What Virginia wants to do differently or better in 2018:
1. Be stronger on the weekends
This is what is holding me back from reaching my goal weight, which is about 7kg away. I love eating out and socialising but I’m not great with self control in these situations so I’m going to work on that.
2. Drink more water
I have a busy, stressful job and hardly ever remember to drink enough water! I’m going to buy a larger water bottle and set alarms on my work emails so I can’t forget.
Keep track of how much water your drink on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge App.
3. Put myself first!
Like all mums, I put myself last and forget what I need most of the time and that has come at a cost this year with many mental-health and stress-related issues.
2018 will see me look after myself better so that I can be a better wife, mum and be better at my job too!
Virginia’s top 5 tips to keep on track are:
1. Consistency – it’s what you do 80% of the time that really counts!
In many ways, discipline and consistency go hand in hand. Make a commitment to FOLLOW THROUGH on a routine (aka. consistency) and stick to it (discipline).
For instance, if you are a 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Member wanting detox and shred in the new year – make a commitment to try the new exercises on the App in 2018.
2. Discipline over motivation – just get up and get on with it, don’t wait for motivation to come or it may never arrive.
3. Planning and food prep in whatever spare time you can muster! I’ll often cook a batch of something late at night or at the same time as I cook dinner etc just to keep my freezer well stocked. If you plan ahead you’re less likely to run into situations where you don’t have healthy options.
With over 4,500 recipes on the Challenge App, you’ll never get bored!
4. Keep changing things up – if your body gets too used to what you are doing with food or exercise the progress will stall, keep variety and you’ll keep your body guessing (and keep it more interesting and you’ll be more likely to stick with it!)
5. Get back on the wagon! One epic binge or huge weekend of drinking etc doesn’t ruin how far you’ve come! Enjoy it, own it and move on! Start fresh the very next meal/day!
My favourite motivating quote is:
“Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”
Great quote, Virginia. Good luck for 2018, we’re sure you’ll reach your goals with this determination!
More on Virginia’s 14kg weight loss story
Virginia has lost 14kg and gone down 3-4 dress sizes following the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Challenge and drinking Healthy Mummy Smoothies.
“I’ve loved every step of the journey and am the fittest, healthiest, most confident and most alive that I’ve ever felt,” she says.
“I’m a busy working mum with 2 young kids but I’ve finally learnt that looking after me is really important and the whole family benefits!
“The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges are so fantastic – the delicious food, fabulous variety, user-friendly app and adaptability of the program is why it’s so each to sustain on a long-term basis, and why it’s a lifestyle change that will last forever.”
Sign up to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge here.