Brittany Franklin admits she hadn’t been focusing on her health or fitness as she had been putting all of her effort into looking after her daughter, who came into the world early and had numerous medical issues.
The mum-of-one, who has also been diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) has also been battling some mental health issues.
But that’s when she decided she needed to make a change and signed up to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. And amazingly, this amazing mum has dropped 7kg and is feeling FANTASTIC!
How this mum with PCOS lost 7kg and beat her mental health issues
“My daughter was in and out of hospitals for years after coming into this world early with a long list of medical issues and that saw me take a hit mentally/physically, so I took a break from focusing on myself,” she says.
“Fast forward to November 2020, I started to take back my life.
“I was diagnosed with PCOS November 2020 while also battling some intense mental illnesses and it was then I knew I really needed to start making changes. So far I have lost 7kgs and many cm.”
However, Brittany says the process has been slow for her as PCOS causes her weight to fluctuate dramatically.
“It has taken me a slow and steady year to reach this point and I still have around 15kgs till my healthy goal weight,” she says.
“Losing this first bit of weight has helped ease some of the knee pain I was suffering and has done wonders for my skin and hair.
“The weight loss has helped me fit a little more comfortably into my clothing (including fitting into some clothes I haven’t been able to wear for a while). It’s also helped boost my confidence again and has shown me that I can make progress when I give it my all.”
How Brittany’s PCOS has improved
What a typical day looks like for Brittany
Breakfast: Healthy Mummy smoothie
Morning tea: Apple, cut up veggies, bliss balls
Lunch: Wraps or salad recipe from the App
Dinner: Something I can cook in the air fryer or slow cooker, soups, vegetables and chicken.
Workouts: I personally LOVE the “Long Play Workouts” from the app. I personally like longer workouts (between 30-60 mins).
“Some of my favourite Healthy Mummy meals include: the Mediterranean Wrap, Stovetop Lasagne, Beef Nachos and the Slow Cooked Tortellini and Vegetable Soup.
“I love making the bliss balls for snacks as well as: Peanut Bubble Crunch, Blueberry Chia Muffins and the Sweet Potato and Feta Dip.”
3 top tips for success:
1. Take the time to plan your meals and take into account days you know you’re busy or might want a “treat” or takeaway (saves time and money).
2. Take LOTS of pictures. Take those before, during and after pictures. They are such good motivation when you feel you aren’t making progress.
3. Make time for self care. I cannot stress this enough. Weight loss journeys are full of ups and downs and you can’t pour from an empty cup.
“Take your time and enjoy the journey. It’s a lifestyle change, not a diet. And whatever you do, always dust yourself off and try again because it is so worth it (especially when you have little eyes watching).”
Are you ready to live your happiest, healthiest, life? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!