Mum’s wedding dress fits better after 2 kids, than it did on her wedding day
Mum Hellevi Walker has lost 16.8kg and says her wedding dress fits better today after having 2 kids, than it did on her wedding day. Wow!
Living her best and healthiest life, Hellevi has overcome chronic fatigue and is looking and feeling FABULOUS.
She shares how she achieved these AMAZING results below.
Hellevi Walker from the UK is one of 6 INSPIRING mums who were invited to take part in The Healthy Mummy’s EPIC BODY CONFIDENCE photo shoot in London.
The last of 3 photo shoots around the world this month (others in New York and Sydney); all part of World Healthy Mummy month. A celebration of women of all sizes and ages who are living their best and healthiest lives.
Boy did ALL the ladies do an AMAZING job! Here is Hellevi’s story.
“My weight would fluctuate like the stock market”
Hellevi is a busy mum-of-two from the UK who has always struggled with her weight.
She says “Before having kids my weight would fluctuate like the stock market”.
After giving birth to her second child she was at her heaviest and deeply unhappy about the way she looked. Desperate to lose weight, but she no idea where to start.
Like many mums Hellevi was under the impression that losing weight involved restricting what she could eat and feeling hungry.
Somewhat afraid of weight loss programs she says “Losing weight had always been such a hard and arduous journey for me because I’d always associated weight loss with feeling hungry and restricting myself of foods I enjoyed”.
Thankfully for Hellevi, The Healthy Mummy is a lifestyle approach and does not restrict you from eating certain food groups. It simply offers healthy versions of all your favorite meals.
Joining The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges
Hellevi joined The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges in May 2018 a few weeks after having her 2nd baby.
She admits that she was slightly overwhelmed at the beginning but with the encouragement and information she gained from the Healthy Mummy Facebook Support Group (seeing so many real mums like herself achieving amazing results), her faith in herself grew and negative thoughts turned positive ones.
It was a slow start but Hellevi soon got a hang of her new healthy lifestyle. She says “I started by drinking more water, preparing Healthy Mummy snacks and eventually making Healthy Mummy meals. See Healthy Creamy Carbonara.
The Challenge App has become part of my daily routine. I used to hate exercise and now I enjoy being able to move my body and getting stronger”.
Weight loss results – 16.8kg in 13 months
Hellevi has lost 16.8kg.
She says “6 years, 16.8kg and 2 kids of a difference in this dress. After having had my 2 kids my dress fits even better than on my wedding day!”
How Hellevi’s life has changed since losing weight
“Thanks to The Healthy Mummy Challenges I’d say I’m probably the fittest and healthiest I’ve ever been in my whole adult life.
I’ve gone from hiding away to saying ‘yes’ to all sorts of new experiences and opportunities.
- I now have a healthy relationship with food – I use it to fuel my body rather than to reward or comfort myself.
- I’ve found a love for baking and cooking.
- No longer wake up with a stiff back unable to get out of bed and have so much more energy.
- Found balance in my life and have become the person I always wanted to be – adventurous, healthy, active, and fun.
- Got rid of my back pain and recurrent yeast infection!
I love everything about The Healthy Mummy – the Smoothies, the 28 Day Challenges, the food and the community. And am so glad I came across it when I did”.
Hellevi’s top tips for mum’s starting out with The Healthy Mummy Challenges
- Introduce one small change at a time and build on that. Small steps in the right direction go a long way.
- Take photos and measurements. You will be glad you have something to look back and compare your progress with.
- Use the support available the Healthy Mummy facebook group. It makes a huge huge difference knowing you’re not alone, picking up useful tips and advice and having ladies cheer you on.
- When you start slipping back into old habits remind yourself WHY you want to do this. Write it down and put it in a visible place.
“The Healthy Mummy has helped me change mentally and spiritually”
After losing 16.8kg and regaining her energy Hellevi says “I cannot tell you how grateful I am to The Healthy Mummy for coming into my life.
“I’ve had my ups and downs along the way but what I absolutely love about The Healthy Mummy is how wonderful the Facebook support group is. No judgment, just support and understanding of what it’s really like to be a mum and how hard it can be at times.
I feel stronger mentally and physically and good about myself and my life”.
Hellevi became a lifetime Challenge member because in her words “quite simply I cannot imagine my life without The Healthy Mummy. The Healthy Mummy has added SO much positivity into my life. Healthy Mummy for life a 100%!.
I’ve not only changed physically, but mentally and spiritually too”.
The Healthy Mummy team would like to congratulate Hellevi for smashing it at the BODY CONFIDENCE photo shoot and for being such a great example of a mum living her best and healthiest life.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mummy?
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE CLICK HERE or purchase our Breastfeeding friendly Smoothies.